Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Plan . . .

We've all thought about it once in a while. Could I make my own video game? The answer used to be no, but with a load of free game creation tools out there, it is really easy. However, most of these tools are "Click and Drag" type of engines. Meaning you don't do pretty much anything. These "Click and Drag" (Or as I will now call them,) Or "Cheating" engines don't give you the full experience of this.

Could I make an enjoyable game without a "Cheating" engine? I don't know, but I'll try. In fact, why not adding a new rule. It needs to be done by Christmas. This will give me the motivation to work faster. So, without any formal education of this sort, LET THE CREATION BEGIN!

The Plan:
To create a third-person type adventure game, similar to Legend Of Zelda. The Player will move around in a stereotypical dungeon fighting monsters until he is ready to face the ultimate boss. (Probably a dragon.)

The Tools:
-Blender (I've used Blender before and I've created great graphics with it.)
-Unity 2.6 (Have never used this before, but have heard good things about it.)
-Anything else that is free. (Hardware like a microphone & keyboard may be used.)

The Rules:
-No "Cheating" engines.
-Must be done by Christmas.

Now that we have that out of the way, It is time to start creating the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment